Today is a special day around here. It's The Hungry Birdie's first birthday! I started this blog mostly as a challenge for myself. I had just made the decision to become vegan and figured a food blog would be a great way to motivate me to try new recipes. It certainly worked! I have never once regretted my decision to adopt a plant-based diet and this blog has been a great incentive for me to connect with other vegans and keep coming up with creative recipes. So, in honour of the HB b-day, I thought a countdown was in order. Here you have my personal top ten fav recipes of the past year:
10. Grilled "cheese" with jalapeño pesto- Melted vegan cheese and jalapeño pesto, what's not to love?
9. Spicy sweet potato salad- I mean come on, it's just so pretty!
8. Creamy butternut squash rigatoni- Rich and velvety, the perfect pasta dish in my eyes.
7. Chocolate chip quinoa cookies- Quinoa, chocolate, coconut, and banana, these babies have it all!
6. Scrumptious spinach salad- Candied pecans and clemmies take this weekday salad to the next level.
5. Sweet 'n sour tempeh- Sticky, savoury, and full of texture, this is one of my favourite dinners.
4. Garlicky mushroom crostini- This never fails. Really, it's insanely good.
3. Buffalo chickpeas with cauliflower mash- Healthy in a totally non-boring way. Delish!
2. Asian dumplings two ways- A lot of work but absolutely worth it. Wonderful for wowing guests!
1. Sweet potato fry soup- This continues to be the most popular HB recipe by a mile. Sweet potato fries transformed into a soup complete with aioli on top. Ahh-mazing!
So although the top ten will be pretty hard to beat, I look forward to sharing another year of scrumptious vegan eats with you all. Thank you so much for following The Hungry Birdie!